Monday 11 February 2013

Day 6/7: Relaxation

Yesterday I did a bit of work (not enough to reduce stress) on my assignments. But my roommate and I went to the gym and did an hour workout. This may be a good work out to do if people are beginning to build up cardio.
Adjust  this to your own level!

Repeats:

  1. We did 6-8 minutes of running
  2. Dips- A kettlebell (10lbs) and did 10 dips on each side (Pictured)
  3. Then we did a kettlebell swing. That is where you take the kettlebell and hold it in front of you with both hands and rotate your core to both sides (10 times each).
  4. After we did another 8 min of running
  5. Then we used a medicine ball to do full sit ups. 10. Then do 10 more but this time lift the ball above your head. Then do 10 more but hold the ball in front of you. Then do 10 alternating sides. (Pictured)
  6. 8 more minutes of running. 
  7. Crunches ladder. (15 each) Legs flat in front. Bent knees. Table top (holding your legs up but bent knees). Legs straight up. and back down. 
  8. 8 more minuts of running. 
  9. Your done! Stretch!
I did THREE miles of running and all that ab work. I was very sore the next day but it felt great while doing it. I also got in 120 minutes of vigorous exercise this week to satisfy the AHA recommendation. 


My Heart healthy goal of Sunday was RELAXATION. Pretty easy right?
My roommate and I had a very lazy day and felt super lethargic, so then took the dog on a 1-2 mile walk on the beach! It was so beautiful yesterday. Or more accurately the dog took us for a walk. 

Other ways to relax (similar to reducing stress), is going for a walk, having a hobby to revert to.
Also having an aquarium in your home has shown to reduce stress and promote relaxation. I mean come on look how beautiful that is. 


Other ways to relax:
  • Yoga
  • cooking
  • shopping (retail therapy)
  • sleeping
  • tv
  • reading a book
  • flying a kite
  • going for a swim. 
  • Basically, anything fun!




I am gonna leave you today with that picture to stare at and relax.

<3
Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment