Saturday 16 February 2013

Day 12: Spontaneity

Hi everyone!! I hope yall have been having a fabulous weekend.

Spontaneity is vital to an exciting and happy life! At least a little bit. Last night I went to Myrtle Beach with my roommate since she was going down there to run a half marathon. (I left with about 30min notice). Then, by 10pm that night, I had committed myself to walking the half marathon (13.1miles) with her mom and cousin. . . what.

We woke up at 5am and walked 1.1 miles to the start line. power walked 13.1 miles to the finish passing the beach, elephants, music, and lots of pancake houses. After we were finished we had to walk back the 1.1 miles to the hotel again. Got that a total of 15.3 miles of walking today on my little feet.




Although I am in a bit of pain right now it was totally worth it! I got a medal!  Also, it felt fantastic to know I burned about 1500 calories today/ and that my body is capable of that sort of distance. I'm insane basically.

I ran the last mile too! All in all it took between 3 hours and 30 to 40 minutes to complete the half marathon.

The moral of the story is that walking is a great way to start getting your heart healthy and the sane thing to do would be to start with a shorter distance such as 5k!
It is a great bonding experience and you wont regret it.

Have a great day!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment